Hello and welcome to Towers Property & Co – we’re so glad that you have found us!
We believe in doing things properly, especially when it comes to managing one of your most valuable assets.
Property Management may not be glamorous or exciting, but to us it’s something we take great pride in, and we are passionate about delivering on exceptional service and making sure you get the absolute maximum from your investment.
Our landlords and their properties mean everything to us, and we look forward to showing you the benefits and the peace of mind you get when your property is in safe hands like ours.
Business Owner / Principal
Investing in property should be exciting, stress free and profitable when done well.
Here at Towers Property & Co, we have implemented best practice processes and effective systems that will deliver comfort and confidence you want and need as an investor.
Whether you’re a first-time investor, multiple property owner, or you’re considering leasing out your family home, making the right choice of Property Manager can make a world of difference.
WHY CHOOSE US
Maximise your return
Our role is not to just lease your property, it is to deliver you the best rental return to maximise your asset.
Attention to detail
A dripping tap can cause structural damage over time. A missed annual pest inspection and report if scheduled can lead to destructive infestations to your property. An unreturned call can lose a quality tenant. We sweat the small stuff so none of this happens to you.
Finding your ideal tenant
The quality of your tenant is vital to ensure the condition and value of your property is up kept. We carefully assess all applicants so we can recommend the very best and most suitable tenant for your property, it’s simply not about finding any tenant, it’s about finding the right tenant.
Looking after the tenant
Once the best and most suitable tenant has been selected, we make sure that they also enjoy a quality experience with Towers Property & Co whilst also being aware of their obligations under their General Tenancy Agreement. We conduct personal face to face induction appointments with all successful tenants, giving all parties a clear understanding of our responsibilities as the managing agent and landlord, and the journey ahead with our agency.
Managing the process with care
We are exceedingly particular when it comes to supplying quality, detailed and regular periodic inspections. In most circumstances landlords do not reside here in the Charters Towers region where their investment is located. Towers Property & Co will ensure your property is well cared for by the tenant and ensure any repairs, maintenance and or items at the property that might require attention or represent a danger to the tenant.
“As a property Investor it’s important to understand the fundamentals”
When your property is managed by Towers Property & Co, you have access to expert advice and services in these valuable key areas.
The management of your investment property is our key focus, so we guarantee it will receive the attention it deserves. Knowing your investment is in the hands of a knowledgeable and experienced team guarantees you peace of mind.
Our team ensure clear and precise communication between owners, tenants and tradesman at times throughout our journey.
There are numerous factors that can affect the rent of your property.
Ask yourself; am I achieving market rent? When was the rent last increased?
If my tenant moves out what market rent can be achieved in today’s current market?
And just as importantly; Is my property overpriced and am I losing money as a result of this?
As your managing agent, it is our responsibility to undertake these reviews and assist you with the decision making by providing the relevant information.
Accurate reporting and detailed maintenance assessments will help keep your property at its best.
Tenants will report all repairs and maintenance via an online tenant portal designated to your property, it is paramount an electronic footprint of all items are recorded.
Prompt action is always taken to carry out repairs within a reasonable time frame to avoid any potential further damage, disruptions to the tenant whilst complying with our obligations under the Real Estate and Rooming Accommodation Act 2008. You will also receive electronic or verbal communication with all repairs and maintenance items.
Towers Property & Co tenants have access to a direct emergency after hours contact should an incident occur outside business hours, we are proactive in attending to all emergency repairs.
Choosing a good tenant for your property can add value to your investment.
Finding the right tenants for your property is our specialty and ensures your property is always in good hands.
Towers Property & Co have a precise application process and this practice will assist our agency and you the landlord to select the right tenant.
Repairs and maintenance will ensures your investment stays in its best condition.
Budgeting for improvements and expenses will help you prepare for any unexpected costs that can arise from time to time such as rates and levies. Should you wish to allocate funds to general repairs or have monthly installments paid from your rental income for Council Rates and/or Levies. Please contact our agency to discuss these options further.
Fees & Charges
Quality property management is far more than simply collecting the rent, our Towers Property & Co service and high standards offer exceptional value for money.
Be aware, if you accept the risk of cut-price fees with your managing agent, you will usually get what you pay for and a cut-price service.
PREPARING YOUR PROPERTY FOR RENT WITH TOWERS PROPERTY & CO
- The premises and inclusions are to be clean, preferably bond clean standard and are to comply with local and state authority building regulations with it being safe and fit to live in.
- A safety switch is to be installed, owners of the leased domestic residences must have a safety switch installed for the power circuit of the residence.
- The property provides adequate security to enable tenant/s to obtain contents insurance for personal items, this includes all doors and windows.
- All door locks operate effectively with keys, inclusive of security screen doors and window locks if applicable.
- Keys to be provided – one full set for the Towers Property & Co, one full set for the tenant and access keys if applicable for each Tenant/s named as the lease holder/s under the lease agreement.
- All corded internal window coverings comply with Trade Practices (Consumer Product Safety Standard – Corded Internal Window Coverings) Regulations 2010, these are considered a safety item and will require attention.
- Carpets are professionally steam cleaned.
- Pet Spray or Pest control – should pets have been residing at the premises a pet spray will need completing, it is recommended an annual pest service and termite inspection is completed annually to protect your investment.
- All houses and units in Queensland must be 2022 Smoke Alarm Compliant, smoke alarms must be installed in every bedroom, powered by either 240v hard wired or 10 year lithium battery, all smoke alarms must be interconnected, all smoke alarms must be photoelectric rather than ionisation, and all smoke alarms must meet new Australian Standard 3786:2014. *As set out in the Qld Fire and Emergency Services Act 1990; Building Fire Safety Regulations 2008 and Electrical Safety Act 2002.
- All buildings that are not stand-alone houses or townhouses are to comply with Building Fire Safety Regulations. Compliance is the Owner’s responsibility. Unit Owners are to check with the Body Corporate to confirm compliancy and annual requirements have been met or, if no Body Corporate is appointed, then Owners are required to arrange a qualified Company to ensure compliancy is met as per the Regulations.
- Telephone line installation approval has been given. (Tenant is responsible for the connection). I/We understand that if a telephone connection is not currently installed in the Property then I/We authorise the Agent to give permission to the Tenant to have one installed and further authorise the Agent to reimburse the Tenant installation costs applicable at time of commencement of tenancy.
- If a unit or a townhouse – an electronic copy of the By Laws is to be provided to Towers Property & Co, one for our agency file and one for the Tenancy.
- If it is your own home being rented out, then we suggest the following:
- Re-direct mail via Australia Post
- Notify the Council of your forwarding address for Rates Notices if you have not instructed our Agency to pay the rates on your behalf
- Notify Ergon Energy, gas, phone, internet provide and all other utility companies to finalize accounts if applicable, and provide your forwarding address details
- Notify your Insurance Company and Mortgagee Holder of the change of occupancy status.
- If water consumption or excess water costs are to be passed onto the Tenant, ALL the minimum criteria is to be met as legislation requires under the Water Wise, Water Wise Rebates and the entire property has to be water efficient.
- If your property has a pool, ensure it meets current Government Regulations in regard to fencing, CPR signage and water consumption/use. The Pool Owner must hold and supply a current Pool Safety Certificate to Towers Property & Co. Our agency will renew all Pool Safety Certificates when required, we will engage the appropriate pool inspector to complete this activity.
- If the Property is under a Builder’s Maintenance Warranty, the Agent will endeavour to have the Builder attend to any defects/repairs required during the period. However it will remain the Owner’s responsibility to ensure items are followed up and rectified. Should the Builder not attend to urgent/required items under the Tenant’s Lease Agreement, then the Owner authorises the Agent to employ qualified Tradespeople to attend to the requirement and the Owner will seek reimbursement from the Builder for payment.
- Landlord Protection Insurance. Whilst rental reference checks are completed as thoroughly as lawfully allowed, we cannot predict or know how a Tenant’s future ability to meet their tenancy obligations can be affected eg. in the event of death or long illness, loss of job, relationship split, domestic violence etc. Towers Property & Co recommend all Lessors arrange an insurance policy to protect their investment.
- Remove all furniture and equipment left at the property, unless you are offering the property as fully furnished. This also includes all items in sheds, lawn lockers and garages.
- Contents Insurance for your Property’s fittings and fixtures – may be included with your Property insurances or incorporated in a Landlord Protection policy. As your Managing Agent we require that you have Public Liability Insurance for your Property. If your Property is a unit, the cover must include the internal unit space. NOTE: Public Liability under the Building Insurance, taken out by the Body Corporate, only covers the common areas. It does not cover events inside your unit.
- Provide Towers Property & Co copies of operating instructions or manuals for appliances or other items which Tenants require instructions to use.
- Provide Towers Property & Co with Warranty details for any applicable item or building works, if applicable.
- Pre-place picture hooks on walls in best locations – this helps control placement and number of picture hooks allowed and protects walls throughout the property.
- Leave specific cleaning instructions for specific items or inclusions in the property.
- Arrange for lawns and gardens to be trimmed and maintained regularly until Tenant commences lease. Untidy lawns and gardens do not attract the right Tenants.
- Plan for a ‘Pre-tenant’ spot clean which may be required following leasing activity and just before a new tenancy begins.
- Weed and mulch the gardens.
- Consider including lawn/garden or pool maintenance in the rent. We can arrange quotes for regular services and adjust the recommended rent accordingly.o Consider installing lawn and garden sprinklers with timers. Installation will assist in the maintenance of the garden and lawn, subject to local council water restrictions which may be applicable from time to time.